EMR Transition Solutions
Successful EMR transition starts with the right questions
HIM managers must begin their migration to electronic medical records (EMR) by assessing where their organizations are and where they want to go.
AMES® is an ideal partner to help develop and execute on your EMR implementation plan. Our decades of experience in providing products and services to myriad health care institutions make us leading experts in physical filing and storage. In recent years, many if not most of our customers have implemented some form of electronic records technology, and we now offer multiple electronic products and services, as well. So we currently have more experience in EMR workflow and the hybrid paper/electronic space than almost any other supplier.
As we guide HIM managers through their own unique EMR transitions, AMES focuses on the best ways to ensure:
- A smooth transition
- A best-practices solution
- Optimum access to patient records
- Significant ROI
AMES works with you to develop specific EMR implementation plans, equipment, methodologies, and technologies to implement your EMR transition. Every successful transition must begin with the right questions:
- How can you establish and maintain compliance with regulatory demands from HIPAA, the Joint Commission, and ARRA?
- How can you choose the right software for EMR workflow, tracking, backup, operations, and security in the hybrid environment?
- How can you train your personnel?
- How can you create a systematic auditing process to ensure electronic records end up error-free?
- How do you handle space planning and site preparation for new electronic records physical equipment and facilities?
- How can you assemble or outsource trained conversion teams?
- What place will retention of paper records hold in your system?
- How will you configure and maintain a hybrid paper/electronic system during the transition?